Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/01 10:57:34 UTC

Re: Web Service

See comments inline

On 2/27/06, Yuanhui Zhao <yz...@qoslabs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to expose a web service through ServiceMix. I have several
> questions.
>
> 1) In the JAX-WS section, it said jax-ws is deprecated for JSR181. Does
> that
> mean I can't use JAX-WS to develop web services?

The servicemix-jsr181 component can be used to expose web services using
jax-ws.  Just write your service implementation with
the required annotations and a simple xml file to specify the endpoints to
activate in your service unit.

2) I modified the Soap-binding example (just class name changes), changed
> \binding-su\xbean.xml and \engine-su\xbean.xml accordingly, then I built
> the
> new project and tried the client.html to send request, it didn't work. I
> got
> "STATUS: 12029". What else do I need to change?

This status usually means that the http endpoint has not been started
(either ServiceMix has not been started, or the SU has not been deployed and
started).
Check that you have followed all the steps mentioned in the readme.  You can
also restart from scratch (remove all directories but the src one).

3) If I start from a wsdl, what's the steps to develop the web service?

We currently do not have any tool for wsdl to java generation, but as the
servicemix-jsr181 component uses xfire, you
should try with xfire's tool.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Thanks.