Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Heritier Arnaud <ah...@axway.com> on 2004/06/24 15:00:28 UTC

RE : Struts, XDoclet, and Maven...

Did you try :

maven -Dtemplate=struts-jstl genapp

Arnaud

Re: RE : Struts, XDoclet, and Maven...

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.com>.
I had a go with struts xdoclet tags, the advantages aren't that great
but it does help keeping the mapping information in the same file.
Given there are no real cross container issues relating to the
struts-config file then its not as useful as webdoclet tags. The other
problem is that i think you can only have one mapping per class and you
end up having to merge the rest. But the principle of having the
mapping stuff in the class does make sense to me.

hibernate is something else altogether, hibernatedoclet is a great
help. Having you relationships defined in the class saves darting
around several files, and also generating the xml means that it
undergoes preliminary validation.

Maven. I just haven't had the silly amount of time required to get
anything going with this.

Mark

Posted by Bryan Hunt <ad...@revoltingdigits.com>.
I second that !!!!!

--b

Posted by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net>.
i agree with rick here.

Posted by Matthew Ryan <ma...@matthewryan.info>.
I wouldn't argue against the points Rick is making, particularly the benefit
of central place for configuration information as opposed to marking it out
all over the shop. I will throw one thing out there though. When you have
lots of Action Mappings and subsequent Action classes that are in a state of
change and development being able to add/delete/change targets in the
execute method and guarantee the consistency with the struts-config.xml at
the top of the same file can have some use.

Matt

Posted by Rick Reumann <st...@reumann.net>.

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
Hello,
	Well, I agree with u, but it depends on how u generate
The struts-config and other config files..
U can still write ur own action-mapping file and make xdoclet
Merge it (I m doing it for action-forms for example)...

I m doing it coz I m lazy and I prefer that someone else
Generates configuration files for me..

If u (like me) hate changing code for changing a simple
Parameter, as I said u may want to look at merge facilities
Of XDoclet.

My 2 cents

Regards
	marco

Posted by Rick Reumann <st...@reumann.net>.

Posted by Andy Akins <an...@leonidae.org>.
Thank you! This was exactly what I was looking for.

Sadly, being new to Maven, I was unaware of the genapp plugin. Very
useful!

Again, thanks!

	Andy