Posted to user@struts.apache.org by guo yingshou <gu...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2003/07/18 04:07:42 UTC

question on heavy load website design using struts

Hi,

I am sure that someone here must have worked on a
large website with heavy load using struts and I
wonder if you'll be kindly enough to give me some
suggestions in this occasion.

I am using tomcat+jboss as application server.I have
setup several tomcat_jboss instances in a cluster
environment and of course I use struts in my
application.HttpSession created in one instance will
get replicated across all members in the cluster.It's
just what I want.The problem is how should I connect
the app servers with the backend db server(s)? If I
use only one db instance,all app server can connect to
it without any problem,but here lies the bottleneck.I
want to use several db instances(preferrably
mysql).How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

Guo Yingshou

Re: question on heavy load website design using struts

Posted by Vic Cekvencih <vi...@baseBeans.com>.

Nicolas De Loof wrote:
> Thanks Vic.
>
> We allready used PostgreSQL on a "non strategic" project, but our customers aren't open-source addicts (until they need
> to reduce costs !)
>
> Nico.

Yup!
:-)

Open source rant:

Some people just do not care about profitably until they are laying
people of, because their competitors are more profitable.

It's like being on a project where people have a short deadline:
-we do not have time to unit test
-we do not have time to do it right and use O.O.
OK, I understand.

They all will eventually, just plot the curve until they are all open
source: ( a bit overused, but I love this chart)
http://news.netcraft.com/archives/web_server_survey.html

Saving money is good.

.V

Re: question on heavy load website design using struts

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
Thanks Vic.

Posted by Vic Cekvencih <vi...@baseBeans.com>.

Posted by Mohd Amin Mohd Din <am...@nc.com.my>.
You could try Oracle Real Application Clusters or Dataguard

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.

Posted by guo yingshou <gu...@yahoo.com.cn>.

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.

Posted by guo yingshou <gu...@yahoo.com.cn>.