Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by James Sutherland <J....@dundee.ac.uk> on 2006/07/25 10:01:09 UTC

"No such representation 'mh'" - svnadmin recover and db_recover don't help

Yet again, I'm getting the "No such representation" error whenever I try
to use my SVN repository. In the past, simply running 'svnadmin recover'
fixed it - this time, things seem to be much worse. The svnadmin recover
command isn't helping, and db_recover appears to work, but nothing
changes; db_verify barfs out pages of errors on 'representations', but
all the other DB files seem to be fine.

db_dump seems to think it can read representations OK, but when I fed
the input into a db_load to generate a new file, I got the same problem.
Oddly, the new file was 1.9Mb, compared to the original's 3.7.

It's a local filesystem (ReiserFS, Linux 2.6 kernel), running Debian
stable; I tried testing's version, with no improvement. The file
permissions are fine, which I saw had been fingered as a possible
culprit in the mailing list archives, but besides that, svnadmin recover
and db_recover, I can't seem to find anything else to try...

James.