Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> on 2003/02/28 01:08:39 UTC

Re: [Wyonacms-dev] Re: WG: Is there any way to use a scheduler with Cocoon ?

Michael Melhem wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 12:46:56PM +0100, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>

>>Hello group,
>>
>>is there a way to integrate our scheduler into a cocoon app without installing the whole wyona cms dist.?
>>

>The avalon cornerstone scheduler already comes with cocoon2.1. Why do we
>need another scheduler ?

To be honest, at the time we have decided to implement a Scheduler into
Wyona (resp. Lenya) I haven't really been aware of the Avalon
Cornerstone Scheduler (although Giacomo mentioned something like that to
me, but I think after we already started integrating Quartz).

I don't mind at all to reconsider this, although I think Quartz is quite
well done and very flexible.

Well, anyway, we tried to implement Quartz as "pluggable" as possible,
by which I mean it shouldn't
be too  much effort now to integrate Avalon Cornerstone Scheduler,
either to replace Quartz or have it
side-by-side.

In the end I think the actual scheduler should only be a specific
implementation, which
is able to interpret an XML made up of triggers, jobs and tasks (and is
having an API).

>ContinuationsManagerImpl.java uses this scheduler for example.
>
>Regards,
>Michael
>

>> Please have a look on the following mail!
>>
>>Thank you very much!
>>
>>-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

No, we integrated Quartz as a Servlet, which is starting the scheduler
during "init".

But yes, if you want to use the web user interface, which is dependent
on Cocoon and Wyona.

>>My webapp has nothing to do with a Content Management and Publishing System.
>>
>>I just want to use the scheduler of Wyona in my webapp ... do you have any simple integration example ?

Take a look at the "unipublic" publication, where you can schedule
articles to be published by a "date trigger".

Or take a look at the "oscom" publication. where RSS feeds are pulled in
on a regular basis.

Thanks

Michael