Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vidya Sivadas <vi...@rediffmail.com> on 2009/10/19 09:11:32 UTC

Tapestry behaving strangely in production environment

Hi,

  The application developed using Tapestry 5.0.15 is working fine here in
India in the development environment,but when it is deployed in client's
machine at U.K,the application is behaving strangely and at times showing
hibernate connection problems and network adapter problems.The database
settings are configured properly in the production environment.But throwing
some unwanted exceptions and some readonly textfields are not disaplaying
the text.When we deploy the same war file here,it is working fine without
any issues.

The locale configuration that is set in AppModule is "en".Do this have any
relation with the issue?

Any idea on this issue?
Please revert back if u have any ideas.

Thanks in advance..

Re: Tapestry behaving strangely in production environment

Posted by Ben Gidley <be...@gidley.co.uk>.
It sounds unlikely to have anything to do with Tapestry (or your code) and
more to do with the hardware it is running on.
Few applications can survive losing their database connection!

Ben Gidley

www.gidley.co.uk
ben@gidley.co.uk

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Vidya Sivadas <vidya.sivadas@rediffmail.com

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry is pretty verbose when it starts up, telling you what modules
it has loaded and what pages/components/mixins it knows about. I wish
some other frameworks would do something similar.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Vidya Sivadas
<vi...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> We got the solution for the issue.
>
> There were 2 hibernate.cfg.xml files that need to be modified.
>
> Earlier we have modified only one, thinking that the second one (inside the
> jar that contains the POJOs) will be ignored.But tapestry tries to contact
> the second file at times.
>
> Now we have only one hibernate.cfg.xml file

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Tapestry behaving strangely in production environment

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
try 5.1.0.5, it works fine with me in a quite large application.