Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/12/21 02:59:12 UTC

Apache 2.0 Beta 1 in T - 0100

Yes, we are rolling at 7:00 PST tonight.  In the meantime, I would ask
anybody who is still on-list to review the docs that I have
committed.  Will, if you want to write some docs for the Windows release,
please be my guest.  I started to port the 1.3 docs, but IMHO too much has
changed for me to be able to do that successfully.

I would also mention that if somebody wants to create the NOTICE file,
which lists all of the Open Source projects we use in 2.0, that would be
appreciated.  I tried to list them all at the end of the README, but we
may want to create a separate file, a la Roy's suggestion.

If we do that, the new file should probably contain the actual Licenses
from each project.  If nobody gets to it today, then I will _TRY_ to do it
before we roll, but I make no promises.  This hour is a chance for me to
get away from the computer and relax so I don't make any mistakes.  I
would like the first beta to actually be released.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131