Posted to users@felix.apache.org by stojce dimski <sd...@yahoo.it> on 2009/01/08 22:36:55 UTC

advice with dao service and multiple db support

I am a newbie in world of OSGI seeking for some advice. I have a following
problem: In my application I have several modules which use a 'storage'
module.
'storage' module contains several DAO interfaces and one enum of several
supported db 'dialects'. Inside it I have implementations for all supported
'dialects'. At last there is a 'storage factory' class which receives
'dialect' as a constructor parameter (dataSource as property) and
instantiates and supported DAO's. User specifies in a properties file a
dialect and datasource parameters. This way end-user can put their jdbc
driver on a classpath, specify parameters in a config file and it's done.
What is the right way to handle this on osgi platform ? I would like to
expose this as a service. Service instances have to have no-arg constructor
but if I have no dialect how can I construct dao instances ? Where to keep
config parameters (dataSource + dialect) ?

Thanks