Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Eugene Crosser <cr...@average.org> on 1998/12/09 11:20:01 UTC

Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not die after keepalive-timeout

The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/1190; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eugene Crosser <cr...@average.org>
To: apbugs@Apache.Org
Cc:  Subject: Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not die after keepalive-timeout
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 11:56:38 +0300 (MSK)

 On the request:

 > Can you please recompile Apache with "-DNO_WRITEV"
 > and test if this 'fixes' your problem?

 I can report, that I have a server (1.3.3) built with mod_ssl, and
 the latter adds "-DNO_WRITEV" option.  No, on this server I still
 observe hanging keepalive processes.  Apparently, "-DNO_WRITEV" does
 not fix the problem.  I cannot build a "clean" server (without any
 third party modules) at the moment, because the problem can only be
 observed if the hit rate is sufficiently high, i.e. on a production
 server only...

 Eugene