Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jim Bethancourt <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/18 17:34:03 UTC

Eclipse Preference page critical problem for Maven 2 Plugin

Hi all,
I've previously used the 0.0.9 Maven 2 Eclipse Integration Plugin and
it worked just fine.  I just started a new job and I'm now running
into trouble with the Preferences page.

I'm getting the error "Unable to create the selected preference page"
Reason: Plug-in org.maven.ide.eclipse was unable to load class
org.maven.ide.eclipse.preferences.Maven2PreferencePage

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?  I'm using Windows XP,
Eclipse 3.2, and Java 1.5_06.

I noticed that this bug has been posted in JIRA for the bug --
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-149 , but has anyone found
a workaround?

The plugin is great and I miss it already!  Thanks Eugene. :-)

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Eclipse Preference page critical problem for Maven 2 Plugin

Posted by Jim Bethancourt <ji...@gmail.com>.
Well, version 0.0.5 seems to work for me as a temporary solution, and
I installed Eclipse 3.1 and tested the 0.0.9 version of the plugin and
it seems to work fine with 3.1.

Cheers,
Jim

Posted by Daniel Serodio <da...@xxx.com.br>.
Jim Bethancourt wrote:
> Unfortunately the preferences page won't even come up, so I can't even
> specify the "Local Repository Folder" location.
Just to make sure: I mean the Eclipse preferences, not the Project's
preferences, does Eclipse preferences not come up either?

HTH,
Daniel Serodio

Posted by Jim Bethancourt <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Serodio <da...@xxx.com.br>.