Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Eddy Beliveau <ed...@hec.ca> on 2004/10/14 20:02:52 UTC

Was there a BAD SA-BLACKLIST rule file published on oct 10 th or 11th

Hi!

I'm using spamassassin 2.63-1, amavisd-new 20030616-p9 on RedHat 9.0
and it worked correctly

But, today I received complaints from my users about unreceived mails on last monday Oct-11th.

While looking at my postfix logfile, I noticed that the rule USER_IN_BLACKLIST has been
triggered 20000 times on THAT day!
The daily average is normally 400.

I'm using the rule /etc/mail/spamassassin/65_sa-blacklist.cf with a daily (04hAM) update from
URL=http://www.stearns.org/sa-blacklist/sa-blacklist.current

Of course, the entries of this file is NOW correct

I'm assuming that, on October 10th-11th, there was a publication of some bad file

Am I the only one who got that problem ?

Is there some archive of that file ?

Thanks,
Eddy