Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by bvprasad <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2014/09/01 11:11:53 UTC

When are persistent messages to a Topic removed?

Hi,
I have a setup where persistent messages are posted to a Topic. On this
topic I have multiple durable subscribers, each with a different message
selector. When I am pushing messages to this topic, I am noticing that they
are not being deleted after consumption. I tried pushing a hundred messages
and after successful consumption, I still see the messages in the database.
I am using JDBC for persistence and I can see the messages in the
activemq_msgs table. I see that the durable subscribers have proper
last_acked_id in the activemq_acks table. My understanding is that the
messages should be removed after all consumers have processed them. Why are
the messages retained in the table?
Is this because of the message selectors I am using? Because of the message
selectors not all messages get delivered to all durable subscribers of the
topic. Any help in clarifying my understanding of this behavior is greatly
appreciated
Thanks,
Prasad