Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Koller Krisztian <kr...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/07 09:44:19 UTC

GC and HSSF

Hi

We are using the POI-HSSF to generate ms excel files. It works fine if the
excel sheet contains only a few rows. In our production environment the
excel files have more then 5000 rows. (20-30 columns / row)
Some times during the generation of the excel sheet the jvm executes the
garbage collector. Unfortunately the garbage collector runs more then two
minutes long.
Something - maybe the POI objects in the memory? - blocks the gc (and the
whole application)...
(without the poi objects the gc runs very fast (only a few millisec))

Any idea please?

Regards,
Krisztian

Re: GC and HSSF

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
Concurrent GC is not about multiple processors. It will just spread the cost
of the GC accros the total time of your program.

Regards
-
Avik

Re: GC and HSSF