Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Ranjeet Singh (TGB)" <ra...@tgb.toyota.co.uk> on 2019/10/08 15:10:55 UTC

Data corrupt issue in Activemq 5.12.0

Hi,

We are getting issue in activemq 5.12.0, it is down due to data corrupt and getting below error

ERROR | Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker. Reason: java.io.IOException: Could not load journal record. Invalid location: 3612:24828697 | org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService | main
java.io.IOException: Could not load journal record. Invalid location: 3612:24828697
                at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase.load(MessageDatabase.java:822)
                at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase.recover(MessageDatabase.java:464)
                at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase.open(MessageDatabase.java:327)
                at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase.load(MessageDatabase.java:374)
                at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase.doStart(MessageDatabase.java:223)

Could you please suggest how we can run activemq without deleting data from kahadb also please let us know why data is corrupt.

Regards,
Ranjeet

Please consider the environment THINK before you print
TOYOTA (GB) PLC
This e-mail (which includes any attachment) is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). It is therefore confidential and may contain legally privileged information. Any use of this e-mail by any person other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. To the fullest extent permissible by law Toyota (GB) PLC disclaims responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the unauthorised use of this e-mail or from the unauthorised use of its e-mail facilities.
If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please permanently delete it from your computer now without making a copy of it and then notify the sender that you have done so. Thank you.
Toyota (GB) PLC is registered in England as company number 916634 and its registered office is: Great Burgh, Burgh Heath. Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5UX, England. Its VAT registration number is GB679 9771 44.
Toyota (GB) PLC is an introducer appointed representative of Toyota Insurance Management PLC and Toyota Financial Services (UK) PLC, both of which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Re: Data corrupt issue in Activemq 5.12.0

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Ranjeet,

Were there any nested exceptions immediately below the stack trace you
quoted, that might have given more information about the problem?

There have been a number of JIRA bugs and user mailing list posts about
behavior that matches what you're reporting, and many of them don't appear
to have led to enough of an understanding of the root cause to allow for a
fix. However, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6378 does appear to
have resulted in a fix for at least one flavor of this problem, so you
might try upgrading to 5.14.x or later to see whether that improvement
addresses the problem you're hitting.

If upgrading isn't an option or doesn't resolve the problem, tou could try
deleting the db.data and db.redo files from the broker's data/kahadb
directory and then restart the broker, to cause the broker to rebuild the
index. As you might expect, it's recommended that you back up all of the
KahaDB files when doing this, in case there was a need to get those files
back in the future.

Tim