Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Vlad Rozov <vr...@apache.org> on 2017/09/23 01:48:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] inactive PR

I'd suggest that a PR that lack an activity for more than a month is
closed. Any objections?

Thank you,

Vlad

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
2 months would work.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Vlad Rozov <vr...@apache.org>.
To clarify - if a committer does not have time to review we can assume
that he/she also does not have time to close. PR is considered inactive
when there are review comments that a contributor needs to address and
there is no activity.

Based on our previous discussion, I assume that contributors should
proactively reach to committers to ask them to review and merge PRs.

Thank you,

Vlad

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Priyanka Gugale <pr...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Vlad,
I am +1. Do proceed. I am not sure what the process is, i.e wait a day or
so to get folks to give final opinion, or just proceed. Either way, your
call.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
Sorry sent from a different email..

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Lakshmi Velineni <la...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Vlad Rozov <vr...@apache.org>.
Hi Pramod,

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Vlad Rozov <vr...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Vlad Rozov <vr...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Vlad Rozov <vr...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Vlad Rozov <vr...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Vlad Rozov <vr...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR

Posted by Ananth G <an...@gmail.com>.
I would vote for dead PRs to be ideally closed.

However, I was wondering if we are being too stringent on the timelines. The reason I raise this is in some of the previous pull requests I was told that the committer would be merging after waiting for a few days. Since the definition of few is not fixed, may I request  we define some timelines for the commit time windows as well so that we have sufficient gap between these two time windows ?

Regards,
Ananth