Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by Chus Picos <mp...@denodo.com> on 2016/06/10 09:16:07 UTC

$filter query option with PATCH

Hi,

I am developing an OData client using Olingo 4.2.0 and I have a problem
when I try to update property values of Entities that do not have primary
keys. As far as I know, in this situation, you must use $filter in order to
establish the entity update request but I receive an error:

org.apache.olingo.client.api.communication.ODataClientErrorException: The
system query option '$filter ' is not allowed for HTTP method 'PATCH'.
[HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request]

However, I have found this bug
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/ODATA-615 as fixed in a version prior
to 4.2 so I think that this issue must not appear in my client. What is
wrong?

Thanks and regards.
--
Chus.

Re: $filter query option with PATCH

Posted by Chus Picos <mp...@denodo.com>.
Hi,

Thank you so much. I have been searching information about this issue and I
had not noticed that it is an OData specification, not of Olingo. Sorry.

Regards.

--
*María Jesús Picos Vilar*
Services Engineering
Denodo Technologies
(+34) 981 100 200 Phone
mpicos@denodo.com
<http://briefcase.denodo.com/content/operations/Document%20Templates/Email%20Signatures/DT-STAFF-TPL-en-Standard%20Email%20Signature-20141003-medium.html#>
www.denodo.com
Polígono de Pocomaco Parcela D22
15190 A Coruña, Galicia
Spain
Legal Notice
The message is intended for the addresses only and its contents and any
attached files are strictly confidential.
If you have received it in error, please remove this mail and contact
postmaster@denodo.com.
Thank you.

Re: $filter query option with PATCH

Posted by Ramesh Reddy <ra...@redhat.com>.