Posted to commits@lenya.apache.org by mi...@apache.org on 2005/01/07 14:25:45 UTC

svn commit: r124497 - /lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/src/webapp/lenya/resources/misc/kupu/download.xhtml

Author: michi
Date: Fri Jan  7 05:25:43 2005
New Revision: 124497

Log:
info about Tomcat added
Modified:
   lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/src/webapp/lenya/resources/misc/kupu/download.xhtml

Modified: lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/src/webapp/lenya/resources/misc/kupu/download.xhtml

Re: svn commit: r124497 - /lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/src/webapp/lenya/resources/misc/kupu/download.xhtml

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>> Michael Wechner wrote:
>>
>>> well, to be honest I thought this is quite a lot in combination with
>>> the knowledge of what file(s) has/have been updated, but I guess the
>>> problem is that the changes page doesn't really show what files have
>>> been updated but only the commit message.
>>

>> it's not a problem. a changelog message should make sense without
>> looking at the code.
>

> Maybe it makes sense to add a "[minor change] ... " note to the commit
> message in cases where it is really overkill to write a verbose text?

I kind of think so too, because I think most of the commit messages are
NOT worth mentioning within a status/chages report. So I would rather
suggest the "opposite":

[status] or [change] which would mean major change. Of course the
changes page would have to be able to parse that.

Michi

> -- Andreas

Michael Wechner

Re: svn commit: r124497 - /lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/src/webapp/lenya/resources/misc/kupu/download.xhtml

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> well, to be honest I thought this is quite a lot in combination with
>> the knowledge of what file(s) has/have been updated, but I guess the
>> problem is that the changes page doesn't really show what files have
>> been updated but only the commit message.
>

> it's not a problem. a changelog message should make sense without
> looking at the code.

I think it depends, if used as "status" then I agree, but re the commit
itself I don't think so.

But don't worry I got your point ;-)

--
Michael Wechner

Re: svn commit: r124497 - /lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/src/webapp/lenya/resources/misc/kupu/download.xhtml

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com
Apache Lenya                              http://lenya.apache.org

Re: svn commit: r124497 - /lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/src/webapp/lenya/resources/misc/kupu/download.xhtml

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.