Posted to users@camel.apache.org by megachucky <me...@googlemail.com> on 2012/12/16 17:58:59 UTC

Amazon RDS Component

Hey guys,

at the moment, I am playing around with Amazon RDS. I also want to get a
little bit deeper into Camel internals (again). There is no camel-rds
component yet. So, if I find some time, I will create the Camel component.

However, I wonder if there is a specific reason why this component does not
exist yet, because I found a removed comment while searching the forum:

|[Relational Database Service (RDS)|http://aws.amazon.com/rds]| | |not
supported yet|

Here is the link:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/CONF-Apache-Camel-gt-AWS-td5520595.html

So it seems that this component was already planned and then removed again.
Is there any license issue or any other problem with AWS RDS for creating a
camel component?

-----
 Best regards,
    Kai W&auml;hner

    Twitter: @KaiWaehner
    Email: kontakt@kai-waehner.de
    Blog: www.kai-waehner.de/blog

Re: Amazon RDS Component

Posted by megachucky <me...@googlemail.com>.
Of course, you can submit sql queries using database components such as
camel-jdbc because as you mentioned RDS is a classical relational database.

As you guess, I am talking about the AWS RDS API (creating an rds instance,
etc.). These are the functions that would / should be included in an aws-rds
component:
http://www.jarvana.com/jarvana/view/com/amazonaws/aws-java-sdk/1.0.000/aws-java-sdk-1.0.000-javadoc.jar!/com/amazonaws/services/rds/AmazonRDSClient.html

-----

Re: Amazon RDS Component

Posted by Alan Camillo <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

A RDS is a relational database like any other. So, it is supported.
I could not see a reason to create such thing unless you planing a component to create and manipulate a RDS infrastructure. Is it your objective?
For such thing I used to use the Boto Python. It is very useful.

Alan Camillo
BlueShift Brazil