Posted to users@jena.apache.org by mehmet mehmet <me...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/08 14:14:27 UTC

Jena rules in owl ontology

I have created an ontology in Protege called Student.owl. I want to import
it in jena and apply some jena rules on the class/subclass of my ontology.
Please if some one guide me how to do this and where (in jena code) my
rules will fit in.
I am working with jena from few weeks but I have never used Jena rules yet.

thanks

Re: Jena rules in owl ontology

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
The Ontology API should be able to deal with typical OWL 1 models, but
perhaps not fancier OWL2 constructs.

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/ontology/#creating-ontology-models

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: Jena rules in owl ontology

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
On 08/06/16 15:14, mehmet mehmet wrote:
> I have created an ontology in Protege called Student.owl. I want to import
> it in jena and apply some jena rules on the class/subclass of my ontology.
> Please if some one guide me how to do this and where (in jena code) my
> rules will fit in.

See

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/inference/#rules

for details on JenaRules, which includes some code examples if you
scroll down.

Dave