Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/19 19:58:58 UTC

Newbie Questions

Hello there! I've been trying axis, and the easy way to deploy WS (using jws
files) works just fine. So I moved to the real world to incorporate WS into
my existent WebApp. Well I ran the java2wsdl ant task:

<java2wsdl output="web/wsdl/CadastroService.wsdl"
classname="com.mgjug.services.impl.CadastroServiceImpl"
namespace="urn:CadastroService"
location="http://localhost:8080/mgjug/services/CadastroService">
<mapping namespace="urn:CadastroService" package="com.mgjug.services.impl"/>
</java2wsdl>

and I get this messages:
The class com.mgjug.model.enums.UFEnum does not contain a default
constructor, which is a requirement for a bean class. The class cannot be
converted into an xml schema type. An xml schema anyType will be used to
define this class in the wsdl file.
[java2wsdl] - The class com.mgjug.eai.usuario.UsuarioDAO does not contain a
default constructor, which is a requirement for a bean class. The class
cannot be converted into an xml schema type. An xml schema anyType will be
used to define this class in the wsdl file.

Well, first is an enum so no public constructors :D, Second is an interface,
the service has an get and set for its DAO (as they are injected) and they
are mapped to the interface not the implementation.

But so far I guessed it wouldnt be a problem.

So I ran admin-axis
<adminclient xmlfile="${wsdd.dir}/mgjug.wsdd" ></adminclient>
and here's my wsdd file:
<service name="CadastroService" provider="java:RPC">
<parameter name="className" value="
com.mgjug.services.impl.CadastroServiceImpl"/>
</service>
</deployment>

Well, now when I access http://localhost:8080/mgjug/servlet/AxisServlet
my service is not there. I don't get any error message on the console as
well, but the Unable to find config file. Creating new servlet engine config
file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd warning. What is most odd, is that the
file is generated under localhost:8080/axis/ (can't I have the axis webapp
and other app running under the same container?)

Also, axis creates a directory structure for my service where the wsdd lies.
It's outside the classes directory, anyway to have it put there?

Regards

Vinicius

Albert Einstein