Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/07 12:37:36 UTC

[SUMMARY] Flink 1.17 Release Sync 3/7/2023

Hi devs and users,

I'd like to share some highlights from Flink 1.17 release sync on 3/7/2023.

1.17 Blockers:
  - Currently, there is one blocker issue (FLINK-31351[1]) that needs to be resolved before we can create a votable RC1. Our contributors are working hard to fix it as soon as possible.

CI Instabilities & other issues:
  - Ubuntu mirror instabilities: FLINK-30921 Mattias is looking into this ticket
  - API backwards compatibility: FLINK-31167 Leonard will check the ticket again

Release management:
   - The release managers have completed the first circle review for the release announcement[2], and we are inviting contributors to add more features that have already been finalized in version 1.17.

The next release meeting will be on Mar 14, 2023. Feel free to join us!

Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/wcx-fjbt-hhz
Dial-in: https://tel.meet/wcx-fjbt-hhz?pin=1940846765126

Best regards,
Martijn, Qingsheng, Matthias and Leonard
[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aao4ATNcDBlDNdZ7VFFfrjrTGfUDcSTsvVzZrSSked4