Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Hu...@immi.gov.au on 2006/01/09 22:35:44 UTC

How to supress the attached namespace to every element in the XML output [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Xalan-C users,

1. We are implementing the Xalan-C++  XSLT transform on IBM mainframe
through IBM XML toolkit.

2. Sample program has been modifed to do the transform seems working so far
in testing.

3. We now have difficulty to supress the attached namespace to every
element in the XML output message. Is there any option to supress it ?

4. I have looked through some FAQs but have not found the resolution yet.

5. Is there any document to list all switches of options and how to use
them ?

Thanks and regards,

Hung Chu

Re: How to supress the attached namespace to every element in the XML output [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Hung.Chu@immi.gov.au wrote:
> Hi Xalan-C users,
>
> 1. We are implementing the Xalan-C++  XSLT transform on IBM mainframe
> through IBM XML toolkit.
>
> 2. Sample program has been modifed to do the transform seems working so far
> in testing.
>
> 3. We now have difficulty to supress the attached namespace to every
> element in the XML output message. Is there any option to supress it ?
>
> 4. I have looked through some FAQs but have not found the resolution yet.

Please post a _small_ sample input document and stylesheet that
illustrates the problem you're seeing, and someone may be able to answer
your question.

> 5. Is there any document to list all switches of options and how to use
> them ?

The processor generates namespace declarations when they are required by
the XSLT recommendation, so there is no "switch" you can use to change
this behavior.

Dave