Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Pete Eakle <pe...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/24 08:22:21 UTC

best approach for testing with dynamically constructed request param value?

I want to create a large number of requests where the value of one of
the request parameters will differ each time. So essentially I want to
create a test loop where the same request is issued on each iteration,
but the value of one of the parameters on that request is substituted
dynamically.  There will be several thousand different values for this
request parameter (I can put them all in a file, or return them from a
java class, etc.).

How would you recommend I build such a test with JMeter?

Thanks for your help, and Merry Christmas!
     -Pete

Re: best approach for testing with dynamically constructed request param value?

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
I can think of a couple of ways. you can use the functions to alter
the request parameter, or you can take production access logs and use
the accesslog sampler.

what I generally do is take production logs which has all the request
parameters and run it with the accesslogsampler

peter