Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Silvestre Losada <si...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/27 14:46:06 UTC

Ruta select all annotations with same feature velue.

Hi All,

I want to select all the annotations that has the same feature value. In
case exist more than one annotation with same feature value I want to
consider them as duplicates and keep only one of them.
All annotations belongs to same type.

Ann1.feture="valueA"
Ann2.feture="1"
Ann3.feture="valueA"
Ann4.feture="2"
Ann5.feture="3"
Ann6.feture="valueA"

Ann1, Ann3 and Ann6 should be selected. Then I plan to use unmark action to
remove not needed annotations.

Kind regards

Re: Ruta select all annotations with same feature velue.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
Hi,

this is essentially a mapping from "Annotation -> Feature Value" to
"Feature Value -> Annotation, Annotation,...", which is not easy to
specify with regular expressions. Especially since there is no actual
concept of maps in the ruta language.

Nevertheless, there are several options to approach this in Ruta. Are
the annotations of the same type or supertype (which specifies the feautre)?

In general, for removing annotations in a more complex setting, you can
add an annotation, which points to annotations of a specific feature
value, and then remove that annotation by matching on the feature value
of the first one. This is of course only reasonable if you know the
occuring feature values.

You could store all feature values in a list (e.g., STRINGLIST) with a
rule and remove annotations that have a feature value that is already
present in that list. You need to store the actual values that caused
the UNMARK in order to remove also the first annotation that was
responsible for the feature value in the list.

Does this make sense for you? I could add a few rule examples if you want.

Best,

Peter