Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ian Marshall <Ia...@GMail.com> on 2011/06/07 10:31:37 UTC

Using GAE/J deferred tasks in Apache Wicket

I have tried using Google App Engine for Java (GAE/J) deferred tasks in
Apache Wicket.

They do indeed run, but I cannot access the bulk of my data exchange code
since it needs the context of an application and/or a session to work. I
presume that the underlying cause of this is because when the task fires, it
calls a default servlet as opposed to one of my web pages (which results in
the page's code running in the context of an application and a session).

I have reverted to using GAE/J enqueued tasks to fire up a web page and do
my processing from there. But I was interested in using DeferredTask since I
wanted to:

  ·  bypass the GAE/J 30-second web page response limit and use the GAE/J
10-minute task processing limit instead
  ·  obviate having to code new web pages and just implement the
DeferredTask.run() method.

Has anyone got to use DeferredTask within the context of an application and
session successfully?