Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Al Caponi <do...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2002/09/17 03:36:41 UTC

[users@httpd] URL ending with dot gives Forbidden Access error

Hi there,
I've set up Apache 1.3.26 with some Basic Authentication on my server and
I'm using either
IE 6 or Netscape 7 to access that URL without any problem.
e.g. [http://123.456.789.123/myDir]

Then I added a dot '.' at the end of the IP in my browser i.e.
[http://123.456.789.123./myDir]
I got [403 Forbidden ] code returned to me.

Moreover, when I revert to the previous correct URL, it still gives me the
same [403 Forbidden]. As a result I can't access that URL anymore.

Could anyone kindly advise me on how to solve this problem?

Many Thanks,
Al.