Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Bryan Call <bc...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2014/06/24 02:44:53 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server 5.0.0 is released!

       Apache Traffic Server v5.0.0 Released

The Apache Software Foundation and the Apache Traffic Server project are pleased to announce the release of Apache Traffic Server v5.0.0! This is our latest stable release, and is immediately available for download at:

	http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads

From the last major release and culmination of over a year's worth of work on features and bug fixes. Some facts about this release since our last major release (v4.0.1):

	* There are contributions from 71 individuals
	* 1367 commits in Git
	* 490 Jira tickets were closed

Upgrading from the previous v4.x release to v5.0.0 the cache is compatible and shouldn't need to be cleared.  More details are available at:

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v5.0

There's a number of new features in this major release, the highlights from the Wiki includes:

	* Experimental SPDY support
	* TLS/SSL Improvements, including ALPN support and SSL metrics
	* New plugins available: background_fetch, collapsed_connection, s3_auth, url_sig and regex_validate
	* Better Lua and LuaJit support
	* Clearer and simplified configuration

More details are available at:

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What's+new+in+v5.0.x

This marked the end of life on the support for v3.2.0.  v4.2.x is the long term support release for one year (May 2015).  However, we encourage people to upgrade to v5.0.0.  The release process is detailed here:

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Release+Management

Sincerely,

-- The Apache Traffic Server community