Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Bobby Lawrence <ro...@jlab.org> on 2005/01/11 21:48:58 UTC

OJB documentation

Whats up with all the German (or whatever foreign language) found
everywhere in the documentation?
Ex:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/advanced-technique.html#Nested+Objects

Reference the class-descriptor XML example and take a look at the table
names....
Not that the table names are important, its just weird.

--Bobby

Re: OJB documentation

Posted by Bobby Lawrence <ro...@jlab.org>.
Uh - English, since 95% of the rest of the documentation is in English.

Jakob Braeuchi wrote:

> hi bobby,
>
> what language do you consider not weird ?
>
> jakob
>
> Bobby Lawrence schrieb:
>
>> Whats up with all the German (or whatever foreign language) found
>> everywhere in the documentation?
>> Ex:
>> http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/advanced-technique.html#Nested+Objects
>>

>> Reference the class-descriptor XML example and take a look at the
>> table names....
>> Not that the table names are important, its just weird.
>>
>> --Bobby

----------------------------
Bobby Lawrence
MIS Application Developer

Jefferson Lab (www.jlab.org)

 Email: robertl@jlab.org
Office: (757) 269-5818
 Pager: (757) 584-5818

Re: OJB documentation

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi bobby,

Re: OJB documentation

Posted by Bruce Lee <br...@yahoo.com.au>.
It is excellent, I think, to be able to get help from
all over the world. What would be nice, though, would
be to keep consistently to one language within any
given document. In some places, it's easy to infer
meanings from another language based on other
attributes of the text. But in others it's not,
creating additional obstacles for those trying to
learn new techniques.

In the "Basic Technique" docs, for instance:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/basic-technique.html

under the Mapping 1:1 Associations header, we see two
tables appearing. One (boxed) in with English
fieldnames and the other (SQL) with German column
names. What makes this especially difficult is that
the  columns/fields do not appear in the same order,
so that   the reader is left guessing about the
mapping.

It would be nice if there was someone bi-lingual who
could translate these instances throughout the
reference docs.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com

Re: OJB documentation

Posted by Pulat Yunusov <pu...@3genius.com>.