Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Eugene Koontz <ek...@hiro-tan.org> on 2011/12/07 08:58:41 UTC

Hadoop QA's -1 due to javadoc and findbugs..

This is related to :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4960?focusedCommentId=13163191&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13163191

I feel sad when Hadoop QA gives me a "-1 overall" for reasons that have
nothing to do with my patch. I'd like to get these -1 javadoc and
findbugs turned into 0s or 1. What can I do to help fix these?

-Eugene

Re: Hadoop QA's -1 due to javadoc and findbugs..

Posted by Eugene Koontz <ek...@hiro-tan.org>.
Thanks N Keywal and Jon for your comments - filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4975 .

Posted by N Keywal <nk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Fixing the issues is a good idea ( :-) ), but if the analysis script is
buggy today and someone fixes the script as well, it it's all good, and
would ensure that we don't add new issues. Here is what I have on a patch
where I only removed a method:

-1 javadoc. The javadoc tool appears to have generated -160 warning
messages.'

-1 findbugs. The patch appears to introduce 72 new Findbugs (version 1.3.9)
warnings.
I'am pretty sure that I haven't introduced 72 findbugs, and not generated
160 (or -160) javadoc warning messages.

If I am not wrong, the script is dev-support/test-patch.sh

Good luck :-)

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.