Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/12/07 18:03:06 UTC

[Vote-Summary] Re: [Vote] Felix Röthenbacher as committer

I counted 9 positive votes and none negative.

@felix:
Being a committer enables you to more easily make changes and so
not need to go via the patch submission process. This should
enable you to be more productive.

While this does not mean that you need to participate any more
than you already do, it does tend to make one even more committed.
Hence you will probably find that you spend more time here.

Of course, you can decline and instead remain as a developer,
contributing as you do now.

If you accept, you need to send a Contributor License Agreement to the
ASF. Normally you would send an Individual CLA. If you also make
contributions done in work time or using work resources then
see the Corporate CLA. Ask us if you have any issues.
http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

You need to choose a preferred ASF user name and alternatives.
http://www.apache.org/~jim/committers.html

Tell us the email address to forward to, i.e. the one that
you supplied on the CLA. Please mail us the preferred ASF user name and
alternatives and the email address to pmc.at.lenya.apache.org

We will arrange for your Apache user account.

The developer section of the website describes the roles
and provides other resources:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/
Other valuable resources:
http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [Vote-Summary] Re: [Vote] Felix Röthenbacher as committer

Posted by Felix Röthenbacher <fe...@wyona.com>.

Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> I counted 9 positive votes and none negative.
>
> @felix:
> Being a committer enables you to more easily make changes and so
> not need to go via the patch submission process. This should
> enable you to be more productive.
>
> While this does not mean that you need to participate any more
> than you already do, it does tend to make one even more committed.
> Hence you will probably find that you spend more time here.
>
> Of course, you can decline and instead remain as a developer,
> contributing as you do now.

I thank you for the trust placed in me, I accept your offer happily
and promise not to bother you with any nit-picking "svn:eol-style"
mismatches from now on :-)

Best

- Felix

--