Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephan Hofmann <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/15 11:58:19 UTC

Webserver HowTo

Dear all,

I currently ran into a problem while configuring apache2 with
apache-tomcat6. I followed the steps explained on the page
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/apache.html

Under "Installation"->"Using Tomcat auto-configure" A part is missing
to get this running using a standard configuration in tomcat6: an ajp
1.3 connector has to be enabled as well. As this was not obvious to
me, it took me some time to get it running.

Maybe you can change the following part and add the information
enclosed in square brackets or something similar.

> Then restart Tomcat and mod_jk.conf should be generated [ Please be aware that an ajp 1.3 connector has to be defined as well. ] For more information on this topic, please refer to the API documentation at the Tomcat docs website.

Kind Regards

Stephan