Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Rodrigo Kumpera <ku...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/23 18:12:09 UTC

java.util.concurrent implementation

Can we import the backport of jsr-166 as the starting point for
implementing this package? It's released as public domain, so there
should be not license issue IFAIK.

There are only a few things required make it work, like removing
references to com.sun.Unsafe.

Re: java.util.concurrent implementation

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
OK -- thanks Rodrigo.

Those types of atomic ops are not in the OSMemory type right now.  If we
get the concurrent code we can look at the full set of requirements and
implement them in classlib.

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Rodrigo Kumpera <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rodrigo Kumpera <ku...@gmail.com>.
Some of the concurrent collections have code from the JDK, but these
can be just discarded. The pedigree can be asserted by Doug Lea
himself, I think he is on the list.

It was the intent of the expert group to allow the reference
implementation be used by FOSS jvms.

Rodrigo,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.