Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2006/05/02 15:23:42 UTC

Re: Problems retrieving source for SDO for C++

On 27/04/06, Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Geoff, I've seen this behaviour too using both TortoiseSVN and subclipse
> from eclipse. It's not just on the cpp tree of Tuscany. It seems to happen
> fairly randomly.
>
> On 26/04/06, Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've tried to retrieve the source for SDO for C++ from the repository
> > using
> > the following command.
> >
> > E:> svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/cpp
> >
> > When I do this fo rthe first time, I get what looks like a failure
> >
> > svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> > svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 200 OK (
> > http://svn.apache.org)
> >
> > However, if I then issue the same command again, the extract works
> without
> > problem (ie lots of files get fetched).
> >
> > I'm using svn V1.3.0 and I've also tried TortoiseSVN 1.3.3 - which gives
> > essentially the same behaviour, failing on this first attempt but then
> > succeeding. Is this normal? It feels to me that I'm failing to do some
> > setup
> > step before attempting the checkout but I can't see what that is.
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> >
> > Geoff.
> >

> --
> Pete

While fixing a completely different problem, I discovered that svn checkout
works fine when I have my Zone Labs firewall switched off. I'll investigate
this a bit further and see if I can find a way to make the two co-exist.

Geoff.

Re: Problems retrieving source for SDO for C++

Posted by Edward Slattery <ed...@googlemail.com>.
Heres another 'gotcha' that I got caught by.
If you check out using http:// instead of https://, then you get a very
similar error to the one you are getting, but can check out using update.
However, you are never allowed to check anything back in, and get
(alternately) error 403, error 200, and just a silent hang when trying to
check in your code.