Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2003/03/21 15:55:34 UTC

"build forrest" works (was [proposal] add Forrest binaries to our CVS)

Hi Stephan,

> ...2. Make a 'ant -f build.new.xml forrest'...

Works here, even though it takes 13 minutes on my powerbook G4.
It's a small step for man...you know the story ;-)

Two issues that I noticed (not to be picky, just writing them down in
case someone wants to work on fixes):

-docs/installing/jars.html says "if you see this message, somethings
wrong with the build!."

-links from docs/faq/index.html work but show empty pages

Thanks for your work!

-Bertrand

Re: "build forrest" works (was [proposal] add Forrest binaries to our CVS)

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 03:55:34PM +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> >...2. Make a 'ant -f build.new.xml forrest'...
>
> Works here, even though it takes 13 minutes on my powerbook G4.
> It's a small step for man...you know the story ;-)
>
> Two issues that I noticed (not to be picky, just writing them down in
> case someone wants to work on fixes):
>
> -docs/installing/jars.html says "if you see this message, somethings
> wrong with the build!."
>
> -links from docs/faq/index.html work but show empty pages

I've just committed a fix for that in Forrest CVS.  Forrest 0.4 assumes
all FAQs are called 'faq.html'.  In 0.5 this is parametrizable from a
'controller' sitemap.

There are probably going to be many other small things like this that
need fixing directly in Forrest.  For example:
 - there's a Docbook file that could be rendered with Forrest CVS, but
   not with 0.4.
 - CVS Forrest can convert v10 DTD files to v11 format on the fly.

IOW, while Forrest 0.4 does mostly work, the bits that don't need to be
fixed in 0.5.

> Thanks for your work!

+1

--Jeff