Posted to users@camel.apache.org by erd <ev...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/14 21:52:35 UTC

ElasticSearch- Best practice for indexing entire JSON Files?

Hello,

What is the best way to index an entire JSON file? Say i have a file called
"widgets.json" with structure

{"widgets": {
{"name":"foo","properties":{"status":"green", "type": "fooWidget"}},
{"name": "ayy", "properties":{"status":"lmao"}}
}
}

I am currently using a splitter, but the actual file is quite large, and
makes thousands of messages to send to the server. Is there a way where I
could just send the file or string, and ES will use the default analyzer to
split it?

Re: ElasticSearch- Best practice for indexing entire JSON Files?

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Split the document and use the bulk insert to save documents in the batch
mode. Look for the camel-elasticsearch [1] BULK_INDEX operation.

Cheers!

[1] http://camel.apache.org/elasticsearch.html

pt., 15.05.2015 o 13:18 użytkownik James Green <ja...@gmail.com>

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.