Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ghousia <gh...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/28 06:14:00 UTC

ClassNotFoundException every time we run any hive query

Hi,

We always get this exception for any hive query we run.

 org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.stats.jdbc.JDBCStatsPublisher: Error during JDBC
> connection to jdbc:derby:;databaseName=TempStatsStore;create=true.
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.stats.jdbc.JDBCStatsPublisher.connect(JDBCStatsPublisher.java:55)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FileSinkOperator.publishStats(FileSinkOperator.java:781)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FileSinkOperator.closeOp(FileSinkOperator.java:649)
>         at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.close(Operator.java:557)
>         at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.close(Operator.java:566)
>         at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.close(Operator.java:566)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecReducer.close(ExecReducer.java:303)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.runOldReducer(ReduceTask.java:473)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:411)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child.main(Child.java:170)
>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FileSinkOperator: StatsPublishing error:
> cannot connect to database

Many Thanks,
Ghousia.

Re: ClassNotFoundException every time we run any hive query

Posted by Eyal B <ey...@gmail.com>.
Add it to the distributed cache
add jar derby.jar;

or

use environment variable HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH

Posted by Ghousia <gh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chinna,

RE: Hive console startup issue

Posted by Chinna Rao Lalam <ch...@huawei.com>.
Hi,

 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: "jline/ArgumentCompletor$ArgumentDelimiter"  this class presents in the "jline.jar".

Check whether this jar is present in the distribution or not in {HIVE_HOME}/lib.  If it presents which version it is?

For ex:  In trunk distribution jline-0.9.94.jar will be used.

And send which version u r using..

Hope it helps,

Chinna Rao Lalam

________________________________

We always get this exception for any hive query we run.

 org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.stats.jdbc.JDBCStatsPublisher: Error during JDBC
> connection to jdbc:derby:;databaseName=TempStatsStore;create=true.
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.stats.jdbc.JDBCStatsPublisher.connect(JDBCStatsPublisher.java:55)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FileSinkOperator.publishStats(FileSinkOperator.java:781)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FileSinkOperator.closeOp(FileSinkOperator.java:649)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.close(Operator.java:557)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.close(Operator.java:566)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.close(Operator.java:566)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecReducer.close(ExecReducer.java:303)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.runOldReducer(ReduceTask.java:473)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:411)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child.main(Child.java:170)
>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FileSinkOperator: StatsPublishing error:
> cannot connect to database

Many Thanks,
Ghousia.