Posted to user@livy.apache.org by Praveen Muthusamy <pr...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/03 13:20:25 UTC

Globally Unique/ User defined session Ids

Hi,

Is there support for sessionId to be GUID for batch usecase ? or can the
sessionId be made to be user-defined.

This will be useful for uniquely identifying sessions across restarts or
crashes. We are maintaining client side mappings to session Id and restart
/ HA scenarios will make this session Id irrelevant.

Found this Jira ticket https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/LIVY-367 , but no
further comments on it.

It would be good if there is an option to assign GUID for a session,
similar to Yarn AppId, which will be unique for certain extent.

Please suggest what is the best way to maintain sessionIds across restarts
or HA scenarios ?

Regards,
Praveen M

Re: Globally Unique/ User defined session Ids

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
I think we already supported single node HA for Livy by using incremented
session id? Can you please elaborate your scenario and advantages of using
GUID?

Thanks
Jerry

Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> 于2018年5月4日周五 上午4:13写道: