Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2002/11/14 19:27:17 UTC

[Betwixt] linking multiple xml documents [WAS Re: AW: [Betwixt] Support of user defined XMLBeanInfo?]

On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 06:45 PM, h.dietrich@webfair.com wrote:

> Hi Robert,

hi Harald

(i'm going to divide up your different topics.)

<snip>

> What I was talking about in my previous mail was the ability to support a
> kind of XLink, which supports references between different XML documents.
> Until now I am not really sure, if this is a subject to Betwixt at all,
> because you will have to provide extra information or special objects for
> those references. At the moment I did not think about how to keep this
> flexible, if it is possible at all.

i don't know if it's possible or whether it's an appropriate subject for
betwixt either. that's what makes it interesting :)

so, let's see if i've got it right. the idea would be that you want to
process multiple xml files but create a single object model at the end.
the idea is that the ID/IDREF would be used to match up a reference in one
file with an object in another.

is this right?

- robert