Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Margus Roo <ma...@roo.ee> on 2015/12/17 13:20:26 UTC

HDFS-plugin does nothing

Hi

I am new Ranger user and perhaps I did something wrong.

Installed Ranger via Ambari. I can log into Ranger UI and all Unix local
users are synced and there is configuration under HDFS resource and test
connection gives OK.
I can see loads of hdfs@... records with 200 under audit plugins tab.

Now I am a little confused.

I can still do all operations with HDFS. Like there is no ranger hdfs
plugin activated.
in namenode I see:
   authorize.ServiceAuthorizationManager
(ServiceAuthorizationManager.java:authorize(135)) - Authorization
successful for margusja (auth:SIMPLE) for protocol=interface
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol

But I do not have any rules for margusja in Ranger.
What I expect is that user margusja will get permission denied.

I use hdfs simple auth not kerberos. Is is possible use ranger
authorization without kerberos?

--
Margus (margusja) Roo
http://margus.roo.ee

Re: HDFS-plugin does nothing

Posted by Margus Roo <ma...@roo.ee>.
Thanks. Can you point out configuration or documentation where this is
more detailed described?

Br

Margus (margusja) Roo
http://margus.roo.ee
skype: margusja
+372 51 48 780

Re: HDFS-plugin does nothing

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: HDFS-plugin does nothing

Posted by Margus Roo <ma...@roo.ee>.
Tnx - clear

Re: HDFS-plugin does nothing

Re: HDFS-plugin does nothing

Posted by Margus Roo <ma...@roo.ee>.

Re: HDFS-plugin does nothing

Posted by Margus Roo <ma...@roo.ee>.
Hi thanks for answer.

Re: HDFS-plugin does nothing

Posted by lukas nalezenec <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: HDFS-plugin does nothing

Posted by Margus Roo <ma...@roo.ee>.
This is my policy cache

{
   "serviceName": "Arendus_hadoop",
   "serviceId": 5,
   "policyVersion": 11,
   "policyUpdateTime": "20151217-12:39:59.171-+0200",
   "policies": [
     {
       "service": "Arendus_hadoop",
       "name": "Arendus_hadoop-1-20151216202525",
       "description": "Default Policy for Service: Arendus_hadoop",
       "resourceSignature": "6f956063401eda656f1eae8870c1afac",
       "isAuditEnabled": true,
       "resources": {
         "path": {
           "values": [
             "/*"
           ],
           "isExcludes": false,
           "isRecursive": true
         }
       },
       "policyItems": [
         {
           "accesses": [
             {
               "type": "read",
               "isAllowed": true
             },
             {
               "type": "write",
               "isAllowed": true
             },
             {
               "type": "execute",
               "isAllowed": true
             }
           ],
           "users": [
             "ambari-qa"
           ],
           "groups": [],
           "conditions": [],
           "delegateAdmin": true
         }
       ],
       "id": 7,
       "guid": "1450297525844_383_397",
       "isEnabled": true,
       "createdBy": "Admin",
       "updatedBy": "Admin",
       "createTime": "20151216-20:25:25.551-+0200",
       "updateTime": "20151217-10:39:59.148-+0200",
       "version": 11
     }
   ],
   "serviceDef": {
     "name": "hdfs",
     "implClass": "org.apache.ranger.services.hdfs.RangerServiceHdfs",
     "label": "HDFS Repository",
     "description": "HDFS Repository",
     "configs": [
       {
         "itemId": 1,
         "name": "username",
         "type": "string",
         "subType": "",
         "mandatory": true,
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": "",
         "label": "Username"
       },
       {
         "itemId": 2,
         "name": "password",
         "type": "password",
         "subType": "",
         "mandatory": true,
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": "",
         "label": "Password"
       },
       {
         "itemId": 3,
         "name": "fs.default.name",
         "type": "string",
         "subType": "",
         "mandatory": true,
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": "",
         "label": "Namenode URL"
       },
       {
         "itemId": 4,
         "name": "hadoop.security.authorization",
         "type": "bool",
         "subType": "YesTrue:NoFalse",
         "mandatory": true,
         "defaultValue": "false",
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": "",
         "label": "Authorization Enabled"
       },
       {
         "itemId": 5,
         "name": "hadoop.security.authentication",
         "type": "enum",
         "subType": "authnType",
         "mandatory": true,
         "defaultValue": "simple",
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": "",
         "label": "Authentication Type"
       },
       {
         "itemId": 6,
         "name": "hadoop.security.auth_to_local",
         "type": "string",
         "subType": "",
         "mandatory": false,
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": ""
       },
       {
         "itemId": 7,
         "name": "dfs.datanode.kerberos.principal",
         "type": "string",
         "subType": "",
         "mandatory": false,
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": ""
       },
       {
         "itemId": 8,
         "name": "dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal",
         "type": "string",
         "subType": "",
         "mandatory": false,
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": ""
       },
       {
         "itemId": 9,
         "name": "dfs.secondary.namenode.kerberos.principal",
         "type": "string",
         "subType": "",
         "mandatory": false,
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": ""
       },
       {
         "itemId": 10,
         "name": "hadoop.rpc.protection",
         "type": "enum",
         "subType": "rpcProtection",
         "mandatory": false,
         "defaultValue": "authentication",
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": "",
         "label": "RPC Protection Type"
       },
       {
         "itemId": 11,
         "name": "commonNameForCertificate",
         "type": "string",
         "subType": "",
         "mandatory": false,
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": "",
         "label": "Common Name for Certificate"
       }
     ],
     "resources": [
       {
         "itemId": 1,
         "name": "path",
         "type": "path",
         "level": 10,
         "mandatory": true,
         "lookupSupported": true,
         "recursiveSupported": true,
         "excludesSupported": false,
         "matcher":
"org.apache.ranger.plugin.resourcematcher.RangerPathResourceMatcher",
         "matcherOptions": {
           "wildCard": "true",
           "ignoreCase": "false"
         },
         "validationRegEx": "",
         "validationMessage": "",
         "uiHint": "",
         "label": "Resource Path",
         "description": "HDFS file or directory path"
       }
     ],
     "accessTypes": [
       {
         "itemId": 1,
         "name": "read",
         "label": "Read",
         "impliedGrants": []
       },
       {
         "itemId": 2,
         "name": "write",
         "label": "Write",
         "impliedGrants": []
       },
       {
         "itemId": 3,
         "name": "execute",
         "label": "Execute",
         "impliedGrants": []
       }
     ],
     "policyConditions": [],
     "contextEnrichers": [],
     "enums": [
       {
         "itemId": 1,
         "name": "authnType",
         "elements": [
           {
             "itemId": 1,
             "name": "simple",
             "label": "Simple"
           },
           {
             "itemId": 2,
             "name": "kerberos",
             "label": "Kerberos"
           }
         ],
         "defaultIndex": 0
       },
       {

         "itemId": 2,
         "name": "rpcProtection",
         "elements": [
           {
             "itemId": 1,
             "name": "authentication",
             "label": "Authentication"
           },
           {
             "itemId": 2,
             "name": "integrity",
             "label": "Integrity"
           },
           {
             "itemId": 3,
             "name": "privacy",
             "label": "Privacy"
           }
         ],
         "defaultIndex": 0
       }
     ],
     "id": 1,
     "guid": "0d047247-bafe-4cf8-8e9b-d5d377284b2d",
     "isEnabled": true,
     "createTime": "20151216-13:23:40.132-+0200",
     "updateTime": "20151216-13:23:40.138-+0200",
     "version": 1
   }
}

Margus (margusja) Roo