Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by kimhorn <ki...@icsglobal.net> on 2009/03/31 01:51:45 UTC

Synapse sample 400: Splitting and aggregrating messages - Client times out when running the sample

Seems like this issues has come back or is a Windows NT thing. Was Jira
(SYNAPSE-270) but was closed.
Same error mesage now with Trunk 525 and also with Trunk of 16 March;
running
with jdk1.5.0_17 on Windows NT.

Client dump:

url[http://localhost:8280/services/SplitAggregateProxy]
     [java] java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
     [java]     at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
     [java]     at
java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
     [java]     at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
     [java]     at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:237)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readRawLine(HttpParser.java:78)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readLine(HttpParser.java:106)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.readLine(HttpConnection.java:1116)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpConnectionAdapter.readLine(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.
java:1413)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readStatusLine(HttpMethodBase.java:1973)
     [java] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Read timed out
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readResponse(HttpMethodBase.java:1735)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1098)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:398)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:346)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:193)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:75)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AbstractHTTPSender.executeMethod(AbstractHTTPSender.java:550)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:189)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:391)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:75)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:391)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:224)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:224)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:435)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:402)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:229)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:539)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:435)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:402)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:229)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:539)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:520)
     [java]     at samples.userguide.StockQuoteClient.executeClient(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at samples.userguide.StockQuoteClient.main(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:520)
     [java]     at samples.userguide.StockQuoteClient.executeClient(Unknown
Source)
     [java] Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Re: Synapse sample 400: Splitting and aggregrating messages - Client times out when running the sample

Posted by kimhorn <ki...@icsglobal.net>.
Release 1.2. works fine but then these Trunks don't. Yes; it gets to Synapse
but Axis2server never gets hit. Must be something different with this trunk,
one of scripts somewhere. I re-built everything again to check ... Thought
it might be a /soap/ not changed to /service/ somewhere... but can't see
whats different... Will look when I get some spare time.

Guess I was wondering if out of the box anyone else can get this sample to
work on latest trunk.

Thanks
Kim

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
The issue in sample 400 actually has nothing to do with transports.
See changes in r761949 and comment in SYNAPSE-525 for more details.

Andreas

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Kim

Posted by Kim Horn <ki...@icsglobal.net>.
Tried increasing timeout and no luck, never gets to Synapse (with this install). Just to doublecheck where did you suggest increasing this value ?
What file ?

In a different machine (another install) it runs but never returns from Axis Server. Same JVM; same Path etc...

Seems this trunk is still too flaky on Windows ?
On both machines works with release 1.2 but we can't use that :-)

So I give up; wasted too much time on Sample 400. It should just work. To me cousld be another transport bug in Synapse on Windows so no longer have time to pursue.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Kim