Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by fdbt dbt <f_...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/22 13:56:53 UTC

Need Help : FO file converted to pdf gets corrupted with '#'

Hi,

I am trying to convert an xsl:fo (attached sample.xml)
file to a pdf file using Apache FOP. The ouput gets
partially  corrupt displaying '#' instead of any
character in the second half of the file. (output file
 sample.pdf attached). i'm trying to figure the reason

but not really getting it.

The same xsl:fo when converted to svg or awt looks ok.

additional information:
-----------------------
FOP version : fop-0.20.5

COMMAND LINE DUMP
------xxx-----------
D:\tmp>fop -d -fo sample.xml -pdf sample.pdf
[DEBUG] Input mode:
[DEBUG] FO
[DEBUG] fo input file: sample.xml
[DEBUG] Output mode:
[DEBUG] pdf
[DEBUG] output file: sample.pdf
[DEBUG] OPTIONS
[DEBUG] no user configuration file is used [default]
[DEBUG] debug mode on
[DEBUG] dump configuration
[DEBUG] quiet mode on
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as
SAX2 Parser
[INFO] base directory: file:/D:/tmp/
[INFO] FOP 0.20.5
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as
SAX2 Parser
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] setting up fonts
[INFO] [1]
[DEBUG] Last page-sequence produced 1 pages.
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer
[DEBUG] Initial heap size: 793Kb
[DEBUG] Current heap size: 1010Kb
[DEBUG] Total memory used: 217Kb
[DEBUG]   Memory use is indicative; no GC was
performed
[DEBUG]   These figures should not be used
comparatively
[DEBUG] Total time used: 266ms
[DEBUG] Pages rendered: 1
[DEBUG] Avg render time: 266ms/page
------xxx-----------

It would be grate if someone can help me out with
this.

Thanks and Regards,
fd.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Need Help : FO file converted to pdf gets corrupted with '#'

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Tested with yuor attached sample.xml and  fop-0.20.5

Could not reproduce. Output is fine	(see attachement)

--
David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?

Re: Need Help : FO file converted to pdf gets corrupted with '#'

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I'm afraid I can't reproduce it. The XML file looks fine.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Need Help : FO file converted to pdf gets corrupted with '#'

Posted by fdbt dbt <f_...@yahoo.com>.
I had a J2SE 6.0 early access release installation on my machine.  (http://download.java.net/download/jdk6/binaries/jdk-6_0-ea-bin-b48-windows-i586-18_aug_2005.exe). This had taken precedence and hence was getting the error.
The error is still reproducible by using this JRE.

I was able to resolve the issue after using jdk1.5.0_02.

Sorry for bothering and Thanks for all those quick responses.

Regards,
fd.

Hello Worlddddddddd
Hello Worlddddddddd