Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tine <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/06 09:50:17 UTC

EventListener in combination with Dialog component

Hello,
i need some help, please:

In my application I have some dialog components (snapshot 4.1.1). But after
calling an asynchronous EventListener I got the following error (Firefox):

createWidget() Node not found with specified id of 'deleteDialog'.

All the ids of my dialogs have been lost.

Does anyone have an idea, what I could do?

Thanks Christine

Re: EventListener in combination with Dialog component

Posted by Tine <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

thanks for your answer.

In Firefox the problem has been solved but in IE it still does not work the
right way.
After calling the listener and updating the second PropertySelection
component the values of this selection have been lost.

Can you reproduce this behavior? Has anyone an idea how I can solve my
problems?

Thanks Christine

PS: I am sorry but I haven't answered you directly.

Posted by Tine <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jessek,

I've tried to implement a simple example where I can demonstrate my problem:

test.html:

<form jwcid="selectionForm@Form">
</form>

	Hello, I'm a dialog!

test.page:

component id="selectionOne" type="PropertySelection">
	<binding name="model" value="modelOne"/>
	<binding name="value" value="valueOne"/>
</component>

<component id="selectionTwo" type="PropertySelection">
	<binding name="model" value="modelTwo"/>
	<binding name="value" value="valueTwo"/>
</component>

<component id="testDialog" type="Dialog"/>

There is a dialog and a form with two PropertySelections. Where one
PropertySelection depends on the other.

test.java:

public abstract String getValueOne();
public abstract String getValueTwo();

public IPropertySelectionModel getModelOne() {
	return new StringPropertySelectionModel(
		new String[] { "zero", "one", "two"});
}

public IPropertySelectionModel getModelTwo() {
	if (getValueOne() != null && getValueOne().equals("one")) {
		return new StringPropertySelectionModel(
			new String[] { "1 one", "1 two"});
	} else if (getValueOne() != null && getValueOne().equals("two")) {
		return new StringPropertySelectionModel(
			new String[] { "2 one", "2 two"});
	}
	return new StringPropertySelectionModel(
		new String[] { "0 one", "0 two"});
}

@EventListener(targets = "selectionOne", events = "onchange",
submitForm="selectionForm")
public void selectionListener(IRequestCycle cycle) {
	cycle.getResponseBuilder().updateComponent("selectionTwo");
}

After calling the EventListener and updating the component I got an error:

FATAL exception raised: createWidget() Node not found with specified id of
'testDialog'.

Thanks for any hints.
Christine

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.