Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Sebastian Schaffert <ss...@apache.org> on 2014/10/15 12:11:21 UTC

Apache Marmotta Tutorial at ISWC2014 next week

Dear Marmotta Users,

as you might have already seen, we will give a half-day tutorial on Apache
Marmotta at next week's ISWC conference in Riva di Garda. We would be happy
to see some of the people subscribed here in person and discuss your
experiences and help you in setting up Marmotta in the way you want. ;-)

In case you are coming, keep in mind that the Internet connectivity at such
conferences is typically quite limited given the number of participants. It
would therefore be helpful if you could do some preparation before you go
to ISWC. Particularly, make sure:
- you have a running JDK (7 or 8)
- you have a working IntelliJ or Eclipse IDE
- you have Maven 3.x installed
- you have curl installed (for testing)

It would also be helpful if you clone a local copy of the Marmotta GIT
repository:

  git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/marmotta.git
  git checkout develop

and already run a build of the whole source tree:

  mvn clean install -DskipTests

This will make sure that all dependencies are downloaded and you have a
local copy of the latest Marmotta development version. Sergio has also
summarised everything on the Marmotta ISWC page:
http://marmotta.apache.org/events/iswc2014.html

Looking forward to meeting you on Monday!

Marmotta Team (Sergio, Jakob, Sebastian and Thomas)