Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Leon Croese <le...@interxs.nl> on 2003/04/15 17:09:21 UTC

New mirror

Hello,

I already run a couple of mirrors and added apache today :-)
http://mirrors.interxs.nl/

MIRRORTYPE: www & ftp
ADMIN NAME: Leon Croese
ADMIN EMAIL: mirrors@interxs.nl
PHYSICAL LOCATION: NL, Amsterdam
UPDATED: daily
OTHER DETAILS: Redhat Linux 7.2, AMD XP 1800+, 1 GB ram, 4 x 40 GB disks

Re: New mirror

Posted by Leon Croese <le...@interxs.nl>.
http://apache.mirrors.interxs.nl/dist
ftp://mirrors.interxs.nl/apache/dist

Here is the apache-dist

Regards,

Leon Croese

Re: New mirror

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Leon Croese wrote:

> Well http://apache.mirrors.interxs.nl/ is the complete apache site,
> but http://apache.mirrors.interxs.nl/dist/ is the dist package.

Yes, I understand that.  What I am saying is that the "apache site" part
is completely useless to us, and will just result in additional rsync
bandwidth.  We only point to mirror for the dist directory (which is
apache-dist in rsync terms).

> At the apache site (http://www.apache.org/mirrors/#nl) it says: no time
> but the DATE file is located in the dist folder.

Yes, that is my fault.  I'll fix it.  Thanks.

Joshua.

Re: New mirror

Posted by Leon Croese <le...@interxs.nl>.
Well http://apache.mirrors.interxs.nl/ is the complete apache site,
but http://apache.mirrors.interxs.nl/dist/ is the dist package.

Same with ftp:

ftp://mirrors.interxs.nl/apache/ is the site but,
ftp://mirrors.interxs.nl/apache/dist/ is the dist package.

At the apache site (http://www.apache.org/mirrors/#nl) it says: no time
but the DATE file is located in the dist folder.

To fix this problem, you have to change the links (just like Trueserver)
into
http://apache.mirrors.interxs.nl/dist/
and
ftp://mirrors.interxs.nl/apache/dist/

So the mirror script will find the DATE file.

Regards,

Leon Croese

Re: New mirror

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.