Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Craig Burlock <cr...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/28 08:19:46 UTC

Downloading an entire website from a specific URL?

 Hello smart-people,

This isn't strictly a Tomcat question, however I thought you were the
people to ask:

*Can anyone recommend a utility for downloading an entire website
(including links and child pages) from a specific URL?*

I need to get a copy of a specific section of a wiki. I'm using Windows XP,
so a Windows
or DOS based utility would be awesome.

I have found a few utilities using Google, however I was wanting to know
what the Tomcat community
thought...

Any suggestions?

Re: Downloading an entire website from a specific URL?

Posted by jaiswal <he...@gmail.com>.
wget command might help you!!

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Mark Shifman <ma...@yale.edu> wrote:

> wget
>
> On 12/28/2011 2:19 AM, Craig Burlock wrote:
>
>>  Hello smart-people,
>>
>> This isn't strictly a Tomcat question, however I thought you were the
>> people to ask:
>>
>> *Can anyone recommend a utility for downloading an entire website
>> (including links and child pages) from a specific URL?*
>>
>> I need to get a copy of a specific section of a wiki. I'm using Windows
>> XP,
>> so a Windows
>> or DOS based utility would be awesome.
>>
>> I have found a few utilities using Google, however I was wanting to know
>> what the Tomcat community
>> thought...
>>
>> Any suggestions?

-Hemant

Re: Downloading an entire website from a specific URL?

Posted by Mark Shifman <ma...@yale.edu>.
wget