Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Brad Straw <bk...@netscape.net> on 2003/01/06 19:17:52 UTC

Database browser portlet -- another user needs help

Hi,

I've followed the recent threads on issues with this portlet.  I have a similar situation:  Currently hsql (soon to be mysql) for security, MS SQL for other content.  I'm getting a series of errors indicating I have a null recordset.  So I am wondering if I have missed something or am I just simply blind with regards to the portlet entry and/or torque setup?

Errors in the velocity log:

RHS of #set statement is null. Context will not be modified. /controls/html/jetspeed-menu.vm [line xx, column xx]

Left side ($tableSize) of '>' operation has null value. Operation not possible. /portlets/html/database-browser-portlet.vm [line xxx, column xxx]

Portlet entry:

    <portlet-entry name="MetricsDatabaseBrowserTest" hidden="false"
        type="ref" parent="DatabaseBrowserPortlet" application="false">
            <title>Metrics Database Browser Test</title>
            <description>Metrics Simple Test Database Browser Portlet Example</description>
        <classname>org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.browser.DatabaseBrowserPortlet</classname>
        <parameter name="template" value="database-browser-portlet"
            hidden="true" cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
        <parameter name="customizeTemplate"
            value="database-browser-customize" hidden="true"
            cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
        <parameter name="action"
            value="portlets.browser.DatabaseBrowserAction" hidden="true"
            cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
        <parameter name="sql" value="select * from office"
            hidden="false" cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
        <parameter name="windowSize" value="5" hidden="false"
            cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
        <parameter name="poolname" value="test" hidden="false"
            cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
        <media-type ref="html"/>
        <url cachedOnURL="true"/>
        <category group="Jetspeed">database</category>
     </portlet-entry>

Torque.properties entry:

torque.database.test.adapter=mssql
torque.dsfactory.test.connection.driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
torque.dsfactory.test.connection.url = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433
torque.dsfactory.test.connection.user = metrics
torque.dsfactory.test.connection.password = metrics