Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com> on 2011/01/24 19:46:41 UTC

modified ycsb

I was frustrated over the weekend using ycsb because it doesn't check the
data it gets and because of general code hygiene issues.

Rather than just kvetch, I have modified ycsb and pushed it back onto
github.

See https://github.com/tdunning/YCSB

My changes include:

a) switched to maven to simplify/standardize builds
b) added a data verifying workload
c) switched to Lists instead of Vector, weakened types in signatures
(HashMap -> Map, mostly)
d) added unit tests for verifying workload
e) added in-memory DB for testing purposes
f) sucked in the mysql tests
g) uses a single source structure and a single build

The big problem with my changes so far is that cassandra isn't in maven that
I know of.  If somebody has a dependency, I would be happy to include it.

I hate it when people gratuitously restructure projects.  So I just did it,
too.  What can I say.

Re: modified ycsb

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
I added an appendix to hbase book on YCSB.  Added link to your
manglings below Ted.  They look great.
St.Ack

Re: modified ycsb

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Nice.

Hey Mingjie, I dropped our YCSB under github/trendmicro and forked Ted's version. Let's try it.

Best regards,

    - Andy

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back.
  - Piet Hein (via Tom White)

--- On Mon, 1/24/11, Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com> wrote:

> I was frustrated over the weekend using ycsb because it
> doesn't check the data it gets and because of general
> code hygiene issues.
>
> Rather than just kvetch, I have modified ycsb and pushed it
> back onto github.
>
> See https://github.com/tdunning/YCSB
>
> My changes include:
>
> a) switched to maven to simplify/standardize builds
> b) added a data verifying workload
> c) switched to Lists instead of Vector, weakened types in
> signatures (HashMap -> Map, mostly)
> d) added unit tests for verifying workload
> e) added in-memory DB for testing purposes
> f) sucked in the mysql tests
> g) uses a single source structure and a single build
[...]