Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sebastien Cesbron <sc...@ifrance.com> on 2001/02/09 15:01:35 UTC

Integration of struts tags in html authoring tools

Hi,

I am looking at struts to see if it suits my needs and I have a question
about the utilisation of tags.

Is the intensive utilisation of struts tags in html a problem for web
designers ? My thought is that if they use a lot of tags (for example
tags for i18n, web designers do not see anything in the page but just
tags then they can't see it there design is ok.
So, how does it happen in reality ? They work directly on the pages
deployed in the servlet container ?

Hope you can understand my question.

Thanks in advance for the answers

Seb

Re: Integration of struts tags in html authoring tools

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Sebastien Cesbron wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking at struts to see if it suits my needs and I have a question
> about the utilisation of tags.
>
> Is the intensive utilisation of struts tags in html a problem for web
> designers ? My thought is that if they use a lot of tags (for example
> tags for i18n, web designers do not see anything in the page but just
> tags then they can't see it there design is ok.
> So, how does it happen in reality ? They work directly on the pages
> deployed in the servlet container ?

The JSP custom tag (not just Struts) integrations that I've seen all have some
sort of "live" mode for running the page in a servlet container, so that you can
see what it really looks like.  You edit the page, and it gets deployed to a
container and executed.

> Hope you can understand my question.
>
> Thanks in advance for the answers
>
> Seb