Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Sriram Nookala <sr...@firstfuel.com> on 2017/09/05 18:05:39 UTC

Phoenix CSV Bulk Load Tool Date format for TIMESTAMP

I'm trying to bulkload data using the CsvBulkLoadTool, one of the columns
is a data in the format MMMMYYDD for example 20160912. I don't get an
error, but the parsing is wrong and when I use sqlline I see the date show
up as 20160912-01-01 00:00:00.000. I had assumed as per the fix for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1127 all data values would be
parsed correctly.

Re: Phoenix CSV Bulk Load Tool Date format for TIMESTAMP

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you can write your own custom mapper to do conversions (look at
CsvToKeyValueMapper, CsvUpsertExecutor#createConversionFunction) or
consider using chaining of jobs(where the first Job with multiple inputs
standardizing the date format followed by CSVBulkLoadTool) or writing a
custom TextInputFormat for standardizing the date format input to
CSVBulkLoadTool or etc.

Posted by Sriram Nookala <sr...@firstfuel.com>.

Re: Support of OFFSET in Phoenix 4.7

Posted by rafa <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sumanta,

Here you have the answer. You already asked the same question some months
ago :)

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/phoenix-user/201705.mbox/browser

From 4.8

regards,