Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Rickard Böttcher <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/16 13:12:15 UTC

Copying rows from different workbooks into one.

Hi.

I have two different HSSFWorkbook's and want to pick rows from these and insert
them into a third workbook. I can of course copy all individual cell values and
cell styles etc. but I would prefer not to do this since then I loose
information such as styles applied to entire rows in excel (don't know why the
API doesn't support this).

So basically what I'm looking for is a method in "insertRow(HSSFRow row)" in
HSSFSheet, that would insert an entire row with all values and styles etc.

Is there anyway to do this? I guess that one would have to know a little about
the low level API to accomplish this. Could anybody tell me if this would be
possible to implement and how hard this would be?

Best regards
Rickard